Orthopedic doctors, called orthopedists, take care of bones and joints. This includes knee pain, total joint replacement, issues that impact your spine and more. You might need to see an orthopedist if you have arthritis or osteoporosis, or if you've had a recent sprain, strain or broken bone.
Orthopedic services in Nashville, Tennessee
When your bones or joints are injured or damaged, you need specialized care from our orthopedic care specialists.
Bone and joint conditions can be painful and keep you from enjoying an active lifestyle. But the specialists at TriStar Medical Group are ready to get you back to optimum health. Our team of sports medicine specialists, board-certified physicians and fellowship-trained surgeons work in collaboration to treat and diagnose a wide range of orthopedic symptoms.
Orthopedic conditions we treat
Our trained specialists can treat a wide range of orthopedic issues, including:
- Arthritis, bursitis and osteoporosis
- Hand, wrist, shoulder and upper extremity conditions
- Hip and knee pain
- Injuries and fractures
- Joint pain
Our orthopedic treatments and services
Our offices use cutting-edge therapies including robotic-assisted surgeries, minimally invasive surgeries and non-surgical advances to restore mobility and help you regain a more active, healthy life.
Orthopedic specialists vs. sports medicine specialists
Orthopedic doctors specialize in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons or muscles. They treat conditions ranging from sprains, strains and fractures to joint replacements and spinal abnormalities.
Sports medicine specialists are generally orthopedic surgeons or family medicine physicians who have fellowship training in sports medicine. They specialize in preventing and treating injuries that are usually specific to athletes or those with a highly active lifestyle. Often, a sports medicine doctor will partner closely with athletic trainers or physical therapists.
Common treatments we provide
Our joint replacement specialists and physicians have experience across multiple services including:
- Joint replacement — We use the latest joint replacement technology and techniques such as minimally invasive and robotic-assisted surgical options, resulting in faster recovery times and less pain.
- Sports medicine — Our board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians and surgeons work with athletes of all ages and levels.
- Hand and wrist care — Our orthopedic hand surgeons offer advanced options that result in quicker recovery, less pain and fewer complications.
- Overall bone and joint care — Our teams of orthopedic surgeons, nurses, rehabilitation therapists and other specially trained and experienced professionals work with you to create a personalized treatment plan.
- Arthroscopic diagnosis and treatment — Surgeons use a tiny camera through a small incision to view and correct problems in the shoulder, hip and knee.
- Non-surgical and rehabilitation services — Our experts can help get you moving after an injury or orthopedic surgery and can help you minimize the impacts of arthritis or other conditions.