Sleep medicine in Nashville, Tennessee
A good night's sleep is crucial to great health, and we're here to help you get it.
At TriStar Medical Group's physician practices across Middle Tennessee, our sleep medicine specialists are committed to diagnosing and treating your sleep conditions. Our goal is to help you sleep soundly through the night.
Sleep disorders we treat
Sleep disorders range in type and severity. Our team provides treatment for the following conditions:
- Excessive snoring
- Restless legs syndrome
- Sleep apnea
- Sleep terrors
- Sleepwalking or sleep talking
- Teeth grinding
Our sleep medicine services
We want to help you return to a regular sleep pattern with minimal stress and anxiety.
At our sleep centers, we perform advanced sleep studies on people of all ages. We give you access to specialists in neurological care and advanced technology that tests for sleep disorders. During an evaluation, our technologists can measure:
- Brain activity
- Breathing activity
- Eye and muscle movements
- Heart rate
- Percentage of oxygen saturation in red blood cells
How do I know if I have a sleep disorder?
Evaluation by a physician is the best way to confirm whether you have a sleep disorder. However, there are some questions you can ask yourself before scheduling an appointment.
If you can answer "yes" to any of these questions, you may be experiencing a sleep disorder:
- Do you wake up at night and cannot go back to sleep?
- Do you lie awake for more than half an hour before falling asleep?
- Are you having trouble at work or school because of sleepiness?
- Do you fall asleep during the day, even after a good night's sleep?
- Do you snore loudly?
- Do you have trouble keeping your legs still at night?